This is NOT the basic Company Secretary or just naming anyone.
Section 171 of the Companies Act in Singapore, requires each Singapore registered company to appoint a company secretary into office so as to be compliant with the basic regulatory requirements.
This company secretary is not the admin type of office secretary or personal assistant. It’s not replaceable by chat-bots or just put anyone’s name. The office of company secretary shall not be left vacant for more than 6 months at any one time.
Private limited companies need not appoint chartered accountants or lawyers as their company secretary but as the director of your company, you are required to ensure that this appointee who must be either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident; would have the requisite experience and knowledge of corporate compliance to assist and advise you.
It is remarkably essential that this is not just a “person on the street” who agrees to be named as the company secretary. We routinely enjoy many new clients switching to us from those “shops” or “agents” who provide just a “named” secretary whom the directors usually never will meet, and if they do, often turns out to be rather clueless on the many questions that you will have! One without the necessary experience, will not know how to guide you on the AGM and resolutions, or provide crucial timely advice on company matters.
As a director, you cannot afford shortcuts and get wrongly advised by inexperienced individuals who are more concerned about selling you packages or promises of lock-ins and all kinds of gimmicks. We’re often told that these will rush your questions and often never addresss them properly. MOS is a Professional Bureau Singapore. We are popular with all types of companies as our fees are affordable and we provide genuine answers and advice.
Our professional fees are inclusive of all non shares related changes (no limit per year) and also include all ACRA filing transaction fees during our 1 year tenure, otherwise known as govt fees which others will often try to charge you for.
Under this popular package, our fees and scope of professional services do include:
• Preparation of 1st Board of Directors’ meeting,
• Professional referral for opening company bank accounts,
• Complimentary advice on CorpPass account and important uses,
• Complimentary advice on Singapore company compliance issues,
• Complimentary advice on Singapore company CPF, GST related,
• Complimentary advice on Singapore company IRAS related,
• Draft and preparation of all non-shares related changes to the Company,
• File electronically with ACRA on resolutions passed (govt fees included),
• Monitor and remind you of yearly compliance deadlines, processes and schedules,
• Advise you closely on timing of financial year considering revenues at stages,
• Vet and review your accountant’s Un-Audited FS for issues/ errors before you sign,
• Instruct your accountant to rectify timelines, review grants if applicable,
• Advise you on AGM processes, plan and prepare documents, convene and file AR,
• Issuance of Share Certificates (To be signed and seal by Directors),
• Prepare declarations, transfer forms and E-stamping Transfers (separate charges),
• Maintenance of the statutory registers and signed documents,
• Safekeep the company seal (if entrusted) under lock and key per Companies Act,
• Coordinate with the auditors for review of registers and archives (if required).
Our appointee is a senior officer of the company, and already someone who serves and advises the directors and boards of few hundreds of other Singapore companies.
Upon meeting with our appointee for the initial complimentary 15 minutes session, you can witness the glaring difference of professional company secretary with facts and valuable experience to share with you.
Apart from the statutory obligations, our experienced Company Secretary is certainly not the average person. Being well accredited and experienced with advisory role in hundreds of companies, our Company Secretary also dispenses advise and assists on your company’s operational matters of relevance, such as CPF contributions, GST registration considerations, management level pass application plans and advice on agreements and contracts.
This professional package is especially suited for new startups and existing companies wishing to operate and enjoy genuine professional advice within the basic and most affordable budgets.